Travelers tend to plan their trips owing to traveler preferences and technological advancements. Things behind the rise of mobile travel apps.
The tourism industry is unlike others since there is no clear product. It relates to business aspects: accommodation, transportation, tourist attractions, travel agencies, and more. In the big picture, tourism refers to people traveling and staying in another location outside of their usual environment for leisure, business, and other purposes. Nowadays, business owners use mobile travel apps to make tourism aspects accessible to potential customers.
Time is a factor for people when they arrange their trips. The technology in tourism makes travel plans more convenient and easy to book accommodations and others before and during vacations. Technological advances in any industry make the world tiny and reachable for all. Picking a place, lodge, and food to savor is through a few clicks on the mobile phone. Mobile travel apps meet all types of vacations and traveling needs. Read more about the things behind mobile travel apps for most travelers.
Global travel statistics: Compared to pre-pandemic levels
Figures for Internet users worldwide
Mobile travel apps are an essential element of the travel and tourism industry, particularly in making travel itinerary. Thus, the presence of virtual travel assistants is on the rise. It is a precious business opportunity for outsourcing software development services working with tourism startups. The software outsourcing services help turn business ideas into reality through mobile apps for personalized tourism itineraries. Before seeing how mobile applications work in a particular area of the travel and tourism industry, it is essential to start with travel statistics and facts:
- 80% of Internet users have smartphones and browse their unsolved problems on the Internet.
- Travelers spend 89% of their social media applications on mobile devices.
- About 50% of visitors reach their phones right after they wake up.
- Smartphone conversion rates are increasing rather than desktop conversion rates.
- 42% of solo travelers use their mobile devices to make a travel itinerary before going on a vacation.
Travel statistics: Tourism witnesses a strong start in 2022
Here are travel statistics for the global business market according to UNWTO World Tourism Barometer (update March 2022)
- International tourism has recovered since January 2022, compared to the weak start in the last year: Europe (+199%) and the Americas (+97%).
- The Middle East (+89%) and Africa (+51%) experienced a travel business growth in Jan 2022 compared to 2021. While Asia and the Pacific saw a 44% increase in business growth, some destinations went through the decrease in international arrivals in 2019.
- After the tourism growth of 2022 and 2021, international arrivals will continue to recover by 2022. In March 2022, 12 places had no covid-19 pandemic restrictions and witnessed a rise of tourist attractions eliminating the restriction. It helps to unleash pent-up demand for travel and tourism.
Mobile travel app market size and its potential growth stats
Reports showed that the travel plan apps had experienced revenue of $1067 million (Research and Markets), with a CAGR of 12.2% in 2020. Travelers tend to use mobile devices for booking their trips. According to Statista, the Travel and Tourism market gained $7119 million in 2020. It will surge to about $8016 million by 2023.
Mobile travel app: How to make mobile apps matter travel-lovers
The use of mobile travel apps makes vacation plans a lot easier. For example, travelers can view the whole travel itinerary at a location. All travelers need is to forward travel planning details to their travel partner. This virtual travel assistant helps create a master itinerary for each. Travelers can access the scheduled plans anytime and anywhere. Therefore, outsourcing software development services have cooperated with travel companies to build mobile travel apps for creating customized itineraries.
- Mobile travel apps create intensive travel plans for any travel. Besides, this virtual travel assistant application can import itineraries from Gmail and Yahoo mail. Hence, there is no need to forward verification emails. It will save time and simplify the travel planning process.
- The mobile travel app allows users to add maps and see instructions for the location.
- The mobile travel solutions also sync with the calendar. Thus, users can see travel plans together with business meetings, conferences, and more. It helps them arrange various activities without missing any information.
- This mobile app for travel planners shares the entire plan with anybody. It is useful when a traveler goes on a vacation with friends and even strangers.
- Last but not least, the mobile travel app also suggests travelers tips and real-time flight schedules. Therefore, it is easier for travelers to keep track of their calendars. More interestingly, the mobile travel app assists travelers define an alternative flight if needed.
How to make a travel itinerary via mobile travel solutions
Planning an individual vacation is not as much fun as traveling. Sometimes, planning a trip can be stressful since there are elements to consider. The weather, language barriers, currency, transportation, and accommodation will affect your traveling experience.
Making a travel itinerary helps you enjoy the trip, absorb cultures, and sounds, and savor the cuisine. Outsourcing software development services have worked with travel startups to develop mobile travel apps, enhancing the tourist experience. Let’s see some steps for solo travelers to make a travel itinerary.
Discover potential destinations with help of a virtual travel assistant
Sometimes travelers need where to go while sometimes they do not. In some cases, travelers know where they want to go; however, they do not know which activities to experience and discover. There are some key activities: see beaches, ancient places, culture, and gastronomy. This is where a mobile travel app can help. Planning a travel itinerary will be able to see which places are available and work into your plan for the time you are traveling.
Technology in tourism empowers travel planners
Travelers can get intelligent recommendations from Artificial Intelligence, their friends, or the community. The technology in tourism helps travelers solve challenges: the weather, prices to fit the budget or not, language barriers, etc. Mobile travel apps collect necessary information in one place and on the map.
Flight prices can change from minute to minute; thus, it is tricky. Planning a trip can be difficult to search for flight prices in different regions of the world if you do not know where to go for the trip. For example, offshore development teams develop mobile travel apps to check flight, accommodation prices, and currency rates.
Organize your trip with the best travel mobile apps
Create travel itineraries
Travelers seek convenience and less stress when planning a travel itinerary. Choosing places to go and which hotels to stay in can be challenging for those new to a place. That is where mobile travel apps come to help. The mobile travel solutions through technology foresee situations: weather conditions and traffic. Itineraries offer a map for sightseeing and help people prioritize locations to visit.
Define the best flight prices and schedules
Tourists always find the best travel deals with various choices and compare flight and accommodation prices. Some mobile travel solutions offer analytics, helping predict prices for airlines and accommodation. For example, Hopper, a mobile travel app helps travelers analyze massive amounts of data. The mobile travel solution application identifies trends and price shifts to give the best times to book tickets. Moreover, Skyscanner allows users to compare prices and book transportation tickets.
Related Article: How hotel automation reform the future of the hospitality industry
Book hotels and accommodations
Visitors want to conveniently book hotel rooms and other accommodations. Mobile travel apps present various options to help travelers choose accommodations that fit their needs. The best mobile travel apps for booking hotels include Airbnb, HotelTonight, and OneNight. Outsourcing software development services keep updated technology in tourism to develop mobile apps.
Travelers might face challenges while planning a trip, especially language barriers and booking transportation. Mobile travel apps make finding vehicles less stressful. The software applications show available transportation options. It allows travelers to know where they need to get off a bus or find any transportation online.
Schedule customized events
Besides finding accommodation and transportation, interesting travel experiences and activities are the things that travelers seek. Most travelers want to feel like locals. Mobile travel apps help them arrange customized travel experiences and activities in a destination from different places and require transportation.
Offer travel insurance and advise
When traveling, tourists are concerned about travel insurance and advice. For example, travelers can be vulnerable to accidents and illness when exploring new lands. Travel insurance policies help compensate for trip cancellation, medical issues, stolen belongings, etc.
With mobile travel apps, users can go to the destination and get a checklist of what they need to do before their trip. Besides, travelers can get notifications about events such as storms and accidents at their location.
The Bottom Line
Travelers have become more and more independent and less reliant on travel agents. It is a business opportunity for outsourcing software development services and tourism startups to develop their mobile travel apps, enhancing tourist experiences. Technology in tourism helps millions of travelers book flights, hotel rooms, and reserve transportation. All make contributions to the development of mobile travel apps.
Youngsters are looking for dating apps to make friends, so investing in dating app development is a great business idea. Read on how to create a dating app.Read
Smart learning helps redefine educational spaces. The idea of smart learning serves to teach and learn in various benefits from the use of smart technology.Read